Please be sure to call once in queue
If you are having any issues with completing a tax return or software errors, please download our remote support client by going to http://support.1040taxbiz.com and clicking "Download Remote Support". Then call our Support Team directly at 1-888-297-4066 ext 2.
False Positives with Anti-virus Software
Recent errors have occurred with multiple Anti-virus software reporting CrossLink files as a malware or virus. The developers of said Anti-virus software have been advised. Until a fix is released, please be sure to add your CrossLink install directory to the scanning exclusion list.
A "false positive" is when Anti-virus software identifies a non-malicious file as a virus or malware.
If you need help with adding an exclusion or are receiving software errors please run the remote support software and call 1-888-297-4066 option 2.
Office Equipment and System Requirements
Office Equipment needed
- Flat Screen
- Multi-function printer
- Paper shredder
- Broadband Mobile Cards
- 2 Folding Chairs
- 2 Drawer File Cabinet
- Blue Pens
- Envelopes 9 x 12
- Operating Systems:
Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Windows XP no longer is being supported by Microsoft - as the list of issues and security loopholes grow, we urge you to upgrade to a newer operating system. Windows 7 is recommended.
- Hard Drive Space: 1 GB
- Memory: 1GB
- (we recommend 4GB - 8GB)
- Internet Access
- Many stores require that you use High-Speed Broadband Cards or Hotspots as there is no Internet connection available. Do not use public/community WiFi!
- HP compatible laser printer supporting a Printer Control language of 6 or higher or a GDI compatible printer. (Bank Requirements for check Printing.)
- Scanners are highly recommended to minimize paper in the kiosk.
- Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware / Firewall software
Updates for your security software, Internet browser, and operating system should be setup to update automatically.
We highly recommend that you use the computer(s) for business purposes only! Do not share the computer(s) with anyone not under your employment. Do not give anyone or post your user name or passwords. As listed in your contract, you cannot have or use 3rd party tax software or websites on your computer(s). If you have any questions about the system requirements, software setup or networking questions, please contact our, IT Manager at 1-888-297-4066 ext. 213